Back to forum: This Plaza

3 Users appreciate this thread.

[Revised] Forum Rules
 >  >>
Started by DrakeJericho
(2015-03-11 15:22:26)
DrakeJericho (2015-03-11 15:22:26)
Hey there.

We decided to rewrite the Forum Rules because the ones in the previous version of it seemed a little too loose, as agreed on by many people.

There are two sections of this. To save time and space, I put them into spoilers. Please see me or any other forum mod for questions/help.

Thread Creation show
The thread creation rules shouldn't be too hard to understand.

- No "useless" threads

Don't post anything that has nothing to do with the forum you are in. A good example of this is a thread with just a simple "add me".

- No personal threads

Personal threads are literally what they imply, personal. They do not have reason to be in the forums UNLESS it is a real-life story, which belongs in the real-life stories forum.

- Do not advertise a website

There is a separate forum for this. Let alone, the 'Links' page.

- Do not create threads dealing with certain users

These threads count as; reporting users to a moderator, requesting users to be banned/unbanned, "attacking" users with insults/arguments, criticizing a mod's work, and many more.

- Make sure your thread is in the correct forum, people.

Read the titles of the forums and see if they correctly comply with your thread. If you are unsure about where it should go, post it in the forum you think fits best, and leave a sidenote telling a forum moderator that you are unsure if this is the correct forum.

- Make sure your threads are safe for all ages.

Do not create any threads with adult content (even if it's censored).

- Don't spam/flood

This is pretty self explanatory. Spam threads are repetitive, useless threads that are immediately deleted. Flooding threads are sometimes useless threads that take up a ton of space throughout that forum, and are unneeded.

Any threads like this could get your thread locked, and on some occasion, deleted.

Commenting on threads show

- Please do not post horrifically long, useless comments.

This counts as spam/flood and could potentially get your comment deleted.

- Do not "bump" threads

Bumping threads means commenting on a "dead" thread - a thread that has not been commented on for over 30 days. This will get the thread closed.

- Try not to cause drama in the comments

- While this is sometimes unavoidable, please try to keep this away from the thread's comments. This is annoying.

- Refrain from using offensive/inappropriate language

- We try to keep the forums clean, thank you. This means no swearing(or bypassing a swear word), adult language, discriminative language(gender, race, religion, etc.).

- Do not share your, or any other user's personal information

This counts as password, phone number, address(email is fine), credit card number(or any card with classified information on it), etc. Keep this in PMs, please.

- Don't encourage users to break rules

Don't try to get users to break rules, nor start drama allowing users to break rules.

- No inappropriate links or videos

Keep it suitable for all ages.

- Don't double post

Say everything you need in one post. If you forget to add something, edit the post.

I think that's pretty much it for now. If I have missed something, let me know.

Created 10-Mar-2015.

This post has been edited one or more times, the last time was:
2015-03-11 19:20:36

Mr.Saturn (2015-03-11 18:22:06)
Okay, i will follow these Forum rules. 100% TRUTHFUL
carlos11 (2015-03-11 19:24:30)
All agreeable terms.

I've been considering writing a guide that is specific to thread creation in Miscellaneous. It'd be more in depth and comprehensive than a simple "no useless threads" rule.
Language is a tool for efficient communication. The internet is a tool for fast communication. Do not defy both intents by posting incoherent writing.
Nutsy (2015-03-11 19:24:53)
I still don't like the offensive language part.

This post has been edited one or more times, the last time was:
2015-03-11 19:25:05

carlos11 (2015-03-11 19:27:03)
I will fight to protect our freedom, Nuts. If we lose some of it, know it's for the greater good.
Language is a tool for efficient communication. The internet is a tool for fast communication. Do not defy both intents by posting incoherent writing.
DrakeJericho (2015-03-11 19:35:46)
Go for it, Carlos.
ChampionLeake (2015-03-11 20:21:42)
I agree on all terms.
+1
I'm a web developer, a game developer, a digital artist, musician, and a reverse engineer. A weird mix right?
YouTube Channel
My Twitter
Nutsy (2015-03-11 23:20:35)
I'll fight too.
Jason2k15 (2015-03-12 00:46:37)
k
I'll be checking in on this site from time to time. It's not as good as it used to be, but it wouldn't hurt to check in.
little5 (2015-03-18 20:21:50)
^
ChampionLeake (2015-03-22 00:59:31)
Better than a story.
I'm a web developer, a game developer, a digital artist, musician, and a reverse engineer. A weird mix right?
YouTube Channel
My Twitter
carlos11 (2015-03-22 05:46:27)
I'm working on that thread I promised, I swear. It's scheduled for a spring release.
HeroOfTrains (2015-03-22 07:51:50)
When Mewtwo's released
I'm Perfect_Chaos
Badly made gif
carlos11 (2015-03-22 16:59:11)
Spring release.
carlos11 (2015-05-01 13:33:34)
Son, do you need to talk?
 >  >>

This topic's ID: 79284

Back to forum: This Plaza

Total registered users: 7576
New registered users today: 0
Newest registered user: MarioGuy64

©  Copyright 2017 3DSPlaza. All Rights Reserved